Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    staceyp

I would love any suggestions for how to transfer a sleeping 10 month old from the carrier or stroller into the crib. My little one is a sound sleeper at night and loves her bedtime routine. If we return home past her bedtime and she is asleep in her stroller or carrier and we try to move her into her crib, she wakes up hysterically crying and she cannot go back to sleep for hours. I try nursing her and feeding her a bottle, but it usually takes hours to get her back to sleep. Thanks for your suggestions!!!

npickens27

that is a tough one!  i usually just keep my son in the stroller when he falls asleep, but a carrier is difficult.  i know this sounds lame- but we just always play the same white noise whenever it is naptime/bedtime so my son knows it is time to go to bed.  but, i think it is different for each baby, so that’s a tough one.

MommaEmma

Hi Stacy!  We still use the ergo as our main mode of transportation and I’ve got my little trick especially when we are arriving home or at a friend’s house and I want to put him down while he is still sleeping.  First I start swaying a little and humming a song that we like as I unhook the carrier and keep singing as I bend down to lie him where I am transferring him to…then as he starts to stir, I continue with the song as I rub his tummy in a circle.  It always gives us a little extra time…and if it is late enough, he has been known to go down for bedtime like this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.