Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hlpeavey

My 10 month old still nurses frequently, and although we feed three meals per day she eats very little most days. Occasionally she will eat a decent amount, bit not regularly. Does anyone else have a baby who doesn’t love to eat?

aynsleyk

Oh, yes, indeed! It’s lucky for us to get three meals in and my LO is 11 months old.  She nurses a LOT. In the past two days she’s finally started to eat more quantity, but I have had to try several times a day and several different foods, which isn’t feasible every day.  She will eat larger amounts of things she likes, but things that she’s just meh about will get two or three bites.  Unfortunately, one of the things she really likes is pizza and bread and I don’t think I’m doing her any favors by letting her eat a bigger portion of that, but maybe I should let her eat it?  Ugh, in any case, I feel you.  My LO also is on the lighter side of all her same aged friends and I worry…though our ped says not to.  In any case,  you’re not alone!

sarafarber

My baby, who will be 1 year old tomorrow (yikes!), wasn’t a big eater until very recently. I eventually realized there were 2 reasons why: 1) we were giving her formula too close to her meal times. Once we spread it out, she began to eat a lot more of her solid meals and less formula. 2) we were giving her bland mush. I kept trying to give her plain scrambled eggs at home, and she wouldn’t eat them. We were out at brunch one day and she couldn’t keep her hands off my plate… pulling at my omelette. I realized that the kid liked butter and salt and cheese. Go figure. 🙂 So, I’ve started to add a little butter and some cottage cheese to her eggs to moisten them and add more flavor, and now she loves them. I also give her cheesy toast (organic cheese, organic multigrain bread)… melted and cut into little squares. She goes crazy for it! But she also loves steamed plain veggies (broccoli, peas, pears, squash)… so who knows. The main thing is that she likes chunks and feeding herself rather than purees.

Not sure if this helps, as your baby is breast fed, but maybe offering solids before you anticipate her wanting to nurse would help? And chunks rather than purees!

Either way… I’m sure your daughter is perfect the way she is! My baby is on the lighter side too. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.